Sunday, January 25, 2015

I can't believe it has been a year since I last wrote!

Wow. I know it a has been awhile, but I can't believe it has been a year and 5 days! SO. MUCH. HAS. HAPPENED. Which is why I guess I haven't had time to write.

2014. In Summary.

The husband took a job in Lake Zurich, Illinois. That sucked. In April we packed up all of his belongings, emptied all but the necessities for me out of the house and listed it on the Market. Our lease on the apartment we rented started May 1, 2014 and we got there on May 2, 2014.

May 5, 2014.
Matt's first day of work, the day we got an offer on our house in Pennsylvania, and the day his Grandfather passed away. M and his Pap were always close. His Pap practically raised him and although he never came out and said it, he did not support M's decision to move to Illinois and take the job. He wold always say things like "the grass isnt' always greener on that hill over there" but never that he wanted him to leave. Matt's new company was very supportive. He worked on Tuesday and they have him Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off to come back to PA and be with family.

In the short time I was out there with Matt before heading back to PA, I hated it. Nothing against those that live out there, but it just wasn't for me. It was a densely populated area, we were living in an apartment and its just not for me!

Our offer on our house fell apart right around the day of the original closing so in July the house went back on the market. We received a second offer in July and we were set to close the first week of September. That didn't happen, it was delayed. However, about that same time Matt received a job offer, from a company he was contracted out to in his previous job. It was in PA. It was contingent upon his passing a physical and him starting in October. Our house was given the clear to close on a Monday. On Wednesday our realtor called and said they had retracted and there was an issue with the water and septic test. The mortgage company was saying they too old, not that there is anything wrong but that they were simply too old. I wasn't being mean to my realtor but  I told her, if it didn't close Friday, it wasn't closing and I was moving back in on Saturday. Its amazing what happens when Realtors realize their sale in in jeopardy. Amazingly the house closed on Friday. It was a disaster, but it closed. It was the first time I've ever gone into a closing without closing documents.

When all is said and done, I'm glad we sold.

Matt and I moved everything out of the apartment on a Friday night after he got off work, we drove about 1/2 way back to PA, stayed the night, and drove the rest of the way on Saturday. On Monday, he started his new job.

We started to look for a house closer to his job in Washington, PA but we recently decided we are going to remodel and move into his Pap's house in Latrobe, PA. In a couple of years we can look for a second place for him to live in closer to his work.

Now, to tackle 2015...............

No comments:

Post a Comment