Friday, November 23, 2012

New Washer and Dryer

Matt and I finally got found a good deal on a stackable HE washer and dryer and we picked them up last Saturday (november 17) from Sears. When we got them home Dad and Matt couldn't get the washer door open. So.... We had I call for service and they were not able to come for 6 days, today (November 23)!!! The guy came and of course the washer is defective and NATURALLY the part isn't in stock so it has to be ordered an he can't come back until December 4!! That's ELEVEN- count them 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 MORE days I have to wait for the washer to be corrected!! The service tech temporarily fixed the washer but left the top off of the washer (see picture below) that way in case the door jams we can get it open. This is all well and good if the washer and dryer were not STACKABLE!!! So while the service tech made it easy to use the washer how am I to use the dryer??? Buy additional piping (that can be quite pricey to buy the 'good stuff') and buy a longer cord to run to the plug since it runs on 220 in addition to put it in the walk way into my bathroom so I have to climb over it for the next 11 days??? Yeah, not happening.... Matt thinks I'm over reacting when I flipped out on him for just accepting it will be 11 more days...what do you think? Am I over reacting or do I have a right to be furious!! I mean I'm the one who has to haul the laundry out of here to wash and dry it and waste time I could be working on something else....like trying to get some sort of order in the house!! This in no way impacts his life- it merely inconveniences mine. Maybe if I don't do laundry until the washer is fixed he will get the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment